Saturday 25 October 2014

Knitted Dishcloths





My grandfather taught me to knit with wooden sucker sticks.  I think I was about three.  Since that time I have always been a knitter, not a fancy knitter, but a knitter nonetheless.  I tend like little simple projects; hats, mittens, socks, shawls, and dishcloths. I think always want to move on to the next project so instant gratification of small projects is good.


Right now, I am knitting a stack of dishcloths.  They are the perfect project to take with me or pick up in the evening. I make all of my cloths in an off white cotton, and vary the patterns.  Sometimes I add a bit of colour as a border, but I find that the white is easily cleaned, and I like the look of the uniform cream where the coloured dishcloths tend to fade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment